Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Goal Update (Busy Weekend!)

So. Long time, no blog.

We had a pretty eventful weekend. It started with me taking Friday off. I needed a day to recharge, and luckily, I still have some paid vacation days left. It was, I think, a very good idea. I'm feeling much better, physically and emotionally.

I got up at 8:30 (sleeping in for me since I'm usually at work before 8), got a bunch of house stuff done (some cleaning, some finances, etc.), and then I got to sew! I'm working on a cute little something to send off in an attempt to fulfill goal #7. Send some fantastic mail.


The cute little something (its finished but I don't want to ruin the surprise) will be mailed off to its new home accompanied by a mix tape (CD). Because I do believe nothing says "I love you!" quite like a mix tape. Or CD. Or whatever. I am feeling pretty excited about goal #7, so some (or maybe all) of you will get a turn to receive a marvelous something (and a mix tape, if you're lucky). I am a firm believer in the power of mail to make a day infinitely better.

Saturday we got up early, listened to the first session of General Conference while my pop-overs baked, and then munched them down with some bacon. Delicious. Then we changed out of our PJs and started in on goal #11. Recover the couches!


Though its probably hard to figure out why we're not SO fond of this early nineties fabric, we tore it ALL off on Saturday and started recovering it with a cream chenille.

Excitement:

When we pulled off the old fabric, there were a LOT of staples that came off with it. We were trying to wrangle them all, but alas, we stupidly barefoot newbies didn't get them all under control. And of course I stepped right on one, squarely in the middle of my heel, and screamed. Loudly. It looked like I had a vampire bite in my heel and it hurt "like the Dickens" as Steve puts it.

No photos of that. Too graphic.

2 comments:

Designing Woman said...

Everything mentioned in this post is very exciting. Question/concern about the couches: Are they going to be as comfortable as the carefully worn-in previous fabric? I am very excited to see the result, you guys are very crafy/brave!

AMD said...

Omigosh!! I am excited to see the redecorated and revamped walton couches!! I will have to make a special trip just to sit my tush on them!