Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekend

It's been a nice, busy weekend. James went to the temple for the first time yesterday, so Allana and Jenna drove down from UCLA and Davis respectively. It was beautiful to see so many friends all in such a gorgeous place. We went to Islands for lunch afterwards, and everyone talked a mile a minute.

Steve kind of gave notice at The Melting Pot, too, and that feels good for both of us. He has been so unhappy working there, that I don't mind having a little extra income for a bit while he finds something he actually likes. We're of the mind that you should like what you do, or don't do it. Anyway, with MCATs coming up, he has enough on his plate. Just a month left and he will be done with them!

We' re up visiting my family right now. We went to a movie & dinner last night to celebrate my mom's and my birthdays, and today my parents gave me my birthday gift--a sewing machine. I am bubbling over with enthusiasm. I want to sew everything in the world. :-)

Dad and Steve are in the other room watching a movie. Cute to see them getting comfortable with each other. I think Steve and I are really beginning to feel a part of one another's families, and that is wonderful. I love having a bigger family!

No comments: