Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Better Laundry Rooms and Gardens

I usually spend my lunch break either talking to Steve, or, if he is too busy, reading a book or a magazine. Usually a magazine lately, because they have more pictures and require less brain power.

My magazines of choice lately are Better Homes & Gardens (used to be pretty frumpy, but I really like it now) and Simple Scrapbooks. They're both pretty fun and creative.

The only problem with working, of course, is that you don't get to do whatever you want. And I want to reorganize our apartment, and decorate it. So I spend lunchtime drooling over photos of organized laundry rooms and really adorable living rooms with a tasteful number of starfish.

Yesterday I came home and surprise! Better Homes & Gardens had arrived. I read it on the couch while Steve unwound from work with a video game, and came across this picture of a cute, organized laundry space.


Steve and I do not like to do laundry, so I thought maybe livening up and organizing our laundry closet would make it a little more bearable. They said to organize AND add cheery photos/color, so I put up two pillowcases my mom made for me when I started college--she put my dogs on them. We don't really have a space for the pillows around the house, but they look very cheery and they friendly-up our laundry room:

Its at least a step in the right direction. I made myself a little clothesline, too. Oh, I felt so very creative and organized. It still looks like a laundry closet, but at least now its not so depressing.

1 comment:

Designing Woman said...

That does feel bright and cheery, maybe I can do laundry in there after waffle night?...you go girl!