Sunday, August 19, 2007

Games

It has been a busy, crazy, exhausting week. It seemed like everything that could go wrong did, and I have to say I am happy to be able to start a new week. Hooray for the weekend.

My brother Tyler came down to visit Friday night, so we hung out with him at Balboa Park and chatted at home until he hopped on the train Saturday afternoon. Then I went to the temple, which was lovely, and Steve did the shopping (sooo sweet of him, he has pretty much taken over the groceries now), and we invited the Sorenson's over. We (ok, Steve) cooked them hamburgers--including grilled pineapple for the burgers, which is DELICIOUS--and they brought over some games so we played after dinner.

The Sorenson's always have really cool, unique games (like Allana!!!), so they have become our source for finding new ones. Last night we played a game called "BANG!" which is Italian, but they have also introduced us to Carcasonne (we've already bought this one, plus an expansion for it), St. Petersburg, and Bonanza, which I think are German. They are here (except I couldn't find Bonanza... I might have spelled it wrong):



Steve and I woke up late this morning and then just lazed around reading books. It was supremely nice. Now its time for church, and then of course Waffle Night. :-)

No comments: