Thursday, August 02, 2007

the GREAT Salt Lake!

Has anybody ever actually seen the Great Salt Lake? I've now been to SLC twice (can you believe, that? Only twice!) and have never seen the lake. Steve has been considerably more times, and has also never seen it.

Since I haven't been to SLC since I was 7 (I remember it being pre-baptism) Steve and I trekked up there to tourist around a few hours after Kevin's wedding. We had a great time!!! I couldn't believe how fun it was.

AND, everyone was nice. Instead of the usual rather inadvertently rude comments about my height, people said adorable things about how tiny I am. For example, when our tour guide at the Conference Center came up to us, she saw me stand on tip-toe to give Steve a kiss, and she said, "You have to work hard for those kisses, don't you?!"

Precious! Yay cute Mormons.

Photo op:

We took a tour of the Conference Center. It was gorgeous. Apparently it can hold 21,000 people... That is 7 Manti's. (The whole city population!) Plus the roof has a great view of the temple.

Me at the top of the fountain that runs down all the stories of the Conference Center. So pretty.


Since we were both still in a really festive mood from the wedding, and since Manti had like the least real-tasting food ever (diners... and not particularly good ones), and since we spent ten hours in the car the day before and planned another ten on the day to come, Steve and I treated ourselves to a yummy dinner.

We went to The Garden, a delicious restaurant on the very top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We sat right by a window with a view of the temple. It was all lit up, with city lights stretching out behind it.

But I have to say, the best part was the food.

Steve got a steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Is that the most beautiful version of steak and potatoes you've ever seen? DELICIOUS, too.

I got a delicious salad with grilled chicken, feta cheese, fresh raspberries, sugar-glazed pecans, and a raspberry vinaigrette. There was even a sugared plantain on top of it as a garnish. FANTASTIC. So so so yummy.


I love him. <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.