Monday, August 13, 2007

Swing on a Star

There was a meteor shower last night. And I saw it.

Steve and I took a nap at like 10pm so we could get up and watch it without throwing off our sleep schedules too badly (I need 8 hours or I am grumpy), and at about 11 got up and piled into the car, laden with a plate of brownies and Steve's fancy binoculars.

We tried to go up to Mt Soledad, but it was all foggy up there, so we ended up driving to our church parking lot. Its right by a canyon so it was dark enough. We layed on the back of the car and waited.

I always forget how cool shooting stars look. That long streak of light across the sky. I saw 4 and Steve saw 3, but we never saw one at the same time. It was really nice though, to actually relax and sit still long enough to notice the stars. I highly recommend it.

No comments: